WHAT IS COACHING?
- is the art of facilitating another person’s exploration of a goal they want to achieve and supports them in that achievement
- is present and future-orientated
- helps the client understand and move past their emotional and mental barriers (where possible and appropriate) to achieving personal or professional outcomes
- isn’t counseling – or therapy – guidance – or advice
HOW CAN I MAKE MONEY FROM COACHING?
There is a multitude of environments where coaches are found such as the corporate sector, long-term condition management, community and family environments, education establishments, young people’s issues, beauty and appearance, baby-boomer market, weight management, lifestyle, elder-care, healthcare organizations and the fitness industry. You can take your coaching skills and knowledge back into your PAYE job or into a better one. You can be an evening (coaching) entrepreneur and keep your day job. Or you might start up or enhance your own business.
Padding this answer out (I could go on forever here), you can deliver 1:1 coaching/group coaching on or off-line, create passive income products, enhance a consultancy or deliver training.
HOW DOES A DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE WORK?
When you enroll in a distance learning course with me, I email across to you your Welcome Pack and the first module and I post out your textbooks. With each module, you complete the guided reading and your chosen assignment and send your work to me as a Word attachment. I mark and return it to you together with the next module. You can ask me questions at any time and my support is there for you when you need it.
DO YOU OFFER BUSINESS START-UP TRAINING TO STUDENTS?
For students on the coaching Diploma courses, there are two hours of business coaching with me and a 30-minute marketing session with Karan of Kameleon Marketing provided as part of your course fee. Following qualification, ongoing business coaching is offered at a reduced rate.
HOW DOES THE REMOTE SUPERVISED SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WORK?
When you enroll in a coaching Diploma course, you have the option of taking the entire course online. This means not only the modules but also your supervised skills development. For example, on the Diploma in Resilience Coaching Skills, you would need to complete 40 hours of supervised skills development with me before you moved onto your case studies. These skills development sessions are facilitated online via Skype, Facetime or Zoom. You will be trained, observed and assessed delivering coaching in the following two ways:
- When you and your client are in the same location with me in another and we are linked remotely in real-time. This develops your face-to-face coaching skills. Please note you are required to find your own volunteer clients. You can book these sessions when it is convenient for you, your client and myself. Each session will last an hour and includes coaching delivery and feedback.
- During monthly online Saturday master classes where you would be working with fellow students in a small group of four facilitated by myself. You will be trained delivering remote coaching to a fellow student and be coached yourself.
To give a sense of student community and extra skills development, you are welcome to attend the face-to-face group master classes in Brighton at no extra cost.
HOW DOES THE SATURDAY MASTER CLASS IN BRIGHTON FOR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WORK?
For student preferring a face-to-face and group approach, I run Saturday master classes in Brighton once a month. There are normally between four and nine students. You would be delivering coaching and receiving coaching and there is plenty of feedback from your peer group and myself so that you can improve your coaching.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CERTIFICATES AND DIPLOMAS YOU OFFER?
Coaching Certificates are delivered via supported distance learning and provide underpinning theory only. Coaching Diplomas provide the underpinning theory, plus supervised skills development, case study work, and reflective learning.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE COACHING AND HOLISTIC LIFE COACHING?
A life coach will work with clients in specific areas such as work, communication skills, relationships, study skills, returning to work, health, and family. A holistic life coach takes an integrated approach and will encompass mind, body and spiritual needs.
HOW MANY HOURS OF STUDY PER WEEK CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
This depends on your discipline and lifestyle, but in general, I would say 5 – 10 hours a week.
WHO ACCREDITS YOUR COURSES?
Wellness Professionals at Work engages with three lead bodies to provide you with credible and independently scrutinized learning experiences:
- National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP) – as well as being an approved training provider offering qualifications, we are an accredited CPD provider with the NCP.
- The Association for Coaching (AC) – we are an approved training provider and are proud to have two of our courses accredited with the AC (Diploma in Life Coaching Skills and Diploma in Wellness Coaching Skills).
- The Complementary Medical Association – we are an approved training provider and offer CPD courses.
DOES THE COURSE PROVIDE PRACTICAL TRAINING IN COACHING SKILLS?
All of the coaching Diplomas encompass practical skills development which is supervised by myself.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED ON THE COURSE?
Both the Certificates and Diploma courses involve distance learning modules. Each module has one 1000-word assignment to complete. There is no grade for marked work. Assessment entails making an informed and considered judgment about the quality of your performance on a given assignment covering:
- how effectively you have practiced the critical and analytical techniques
- your degree of mastery of skills involved in communicating thoughts, ideas and evidence clearly and cogently
- understanding of how the subject matter is grasped
If an assignment doesn’t meet the above three points sufficiently, you will be asked to either submit the entire assignment again or for a further 500 words.
The skills development for the coaching diplomas involves direct observation and feedback from myself and your peers. Self-assessment from is each student is also encouraged. The case studies are not directly observed, however, there is a paper trail assessment process.
CAN I SPEAK WITH A CURRENT STUDENT OR EX-GRADUATE BEFORE I DECIDE?
Of course you can.
WHO WILL BE TRAINING ME?
I will be your tutor and trainer, both on and off-line. If I am not available, which is very rare, a qualified and experienced tutor will take my place.
CAN I TAKE A COACHING QUALIFICATION COMPLETELY ONLINE?
Yes, you can. If you would like to complete a Diploma completely online/by distance learning, you would choose the remote learning option.
CAN I PAY FOR A COURSE BY INSTALMENT?
Yes, you can.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
Diploma fees include: accreditation, student membership of accrediting bodies (where appropriate), CPD certification (where appropriate), access to apply for full membership of accrediting bodies (upon criteria fulfilment), access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook, study-buddies, course textbooks and learning materials, over 200 hours of distance learning tutor support, 90 hours of supervised skills development, two hour of business start-up coaching and 30 minutes of marketing consultation
Certificate fees include: student membership of accrediting bodies (where appropriate), CPD certification (where appropriate), access to apply for full membership of accrediting bodies (upon criteria fulfilment), access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook, study-buddies, course textbooks and learning materials, tutor support by email, phone, post and online
THE DIPLOMAS TAKE TWO YEARS TO COMPLETE. CAN I DO IT QUICKER?
Yes, you can.
THE CERTIFICATES TAKE ON YEAR TO COMPLETE. CAN I DO IT QUICKER?
Yes, you can.
WHEN CAN I START A COURSE WITH YOU?
You can start the courses any time you choose.