7 WEEKS TO BUSINESS START-UP ONLINE COURSE
is for: health & wellbeing coaches and trainers – healers – Reiki practitioners – counsellors – yoga teachers – nutritionists – physical therapists – complementary therapists – fitness instructors – weight loss consultants – beauty therapists – yoga and meditation teachers – PTs – homeopaths – reflexologists – herbalists – freelance corporate wellness professionals – physios
and anyone else involved in the health and wellbeing industry who wants to start up their own business.
NEXT COURSE START DATE IS MONDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2019
WEEK 1 Setting the Scene for Self-Employment
Reasons why you want to be self-employed – risks of being self-employed – inter-relationship of business success – the evening entrepreneur
WEEK 2 Developing Your Idea
Creation – Market research – direct and indirect competition – developing an integrated business
WEEK 3 The Basics
How to trade – premises – HMRC – PAYE and SE – benefits and tax credits – NI – tax
WEEK 4 Pricing & Costing
Sales forecasting – financing
WEEK 5 Marketing & Promotion
Traditional marketing – techno-related marketing – social media – branding – PR – the law – company names – trademarks – motivations to purchase
WEEK 6 Operational Tasks
Admin trail for services/products – Backroom ops: legalities, suppliers, preparation of products/service, marketing, CPD, admin, maintenance, sales, CSM, scheduling business research and development, outsourcing, financials
WEEK 7 The Resilient Business Owner
Developing a mindful approach – values, ethics and profit – claiming your right to professional success – developing your vision – improving your self-belief – checking out your expectations – embracing responsibility – setting goals – becoming a solution provider – developing assertiveness – managing isolation – managing change – keeping motivated – embracing lifelong learning
HOW THE COURSE IS DELIVERED
Each Monday (starting from 16 September 2019), for 7 weeks a PDF workbook will plop into your email containing theory and templates for you to complete based on your own business.
You will also have access to a closed Facebook group offering:
- high-value content
- curated, timely and trustworthy information
- industry-specific support
- creative ideas
- a like-minded community
- regular posts based on the topic of the week
- opportunities to post questions (or message me privately)
- access to discounted 1:1 business coaching
WHAT YOU GET BY THE END OF THE COURSE
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand your motivations for wanting to be self-employed
- understand the inter-relationship of business success
- have clarified your suitability for being an evening entrepreneur
- have developed your business ideas
- have completed market research
- have understand the importance of an integrated business
- know the legal basics of business start-up
- know how to cost your service/product
- know how to do a basic sales forecast
- understand basic marketing approaches
- have created the outline of your marketing strategy
- understand the basics of operations processes
- understand the importance of becoming a resilient business owner
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY
- Solid advice and thorough explanation of financial planning
- I feel more motivated and positive about moving ahead. Very encouraged.
- Knowledgeable, friendly, informative and inspirational.
- I learnt a lot about tax and legal requirements.
- Laurel was excellent, supportive and identified points I would have overlooked.
- Working through the cash flow forecast was useful.
- I liked the drilling down into the figures to get an accurate picture of costs versus profit.
- Laurel is a great coach. Very patient and informative. Great information on different types of marketing.
- Liked the pre-made worksheets which helped me understand how the figures were worked out.
- Helpful information on taxation issues.
- Inspired new modes of thinking regarding the organic growth of the business.
- Made me look at my business ideas and business plan in a focused and clear way.
- Never had much of a grasp of book-keeping – have a better idea now.
- I liked the support and practical help from Laurel. She was calm and easily understood. Finances are a sticky subject – painful but necessary. Great, great help. Thank you.
- Focused my mind on what needs to be done from a marketing perspective.
- Interactive, fun and interesting despite the dry subject matter.
The fee is £199 and includes:
- 7 weekly PDF workbooks delivered to your email starting Monday 16 September 2019
- access to a closed Facebook group
- CPD certification
For students enrolled on a coaching diploma course, the fee is reduced to £149.
7 Weeks to Business Start-Up Online Course
Availability: In Stock